Tuesday, July 28, 2020
Saturday, July 4, 2020
1 Allies (marriage, related, faction)2 Rivals (childhood, family, ambition)3 Enemies (feud, personal, political)4 Friends (childhood, interests, political)5 Related, roll again with d46 Roll twice with d4, first is apparent, second is one-way real
1 Extremely loyal2 Obedient3 Selfish4 Disloyal/Fractious5 Treacherous6 Roll twice, first is apparent, second is real
1 Autonomy2 Successor3 War4 Religious
1 Warrior2 Lordling3 Hunter4 God-Botherer5 Eccentric6 Tax Collector7 Layabout8 Builder9 Weakling10 Debaucher
1-2 Heliopapist3-4 Pagan5 The White Prince (roll again, high for known, low for whispered)6 Other
1-2 Devout3-4 Practicing5 Impious6 Appears Practicing, but roll another religion and d4 on this
(d6 * 10) + d10.
d6-3 acknowledged bastards3-in-6 of one remaining parentd6-2 unlanded aunts/uncles, each with d3-1 kids
1 Unmarried2-4 Married, d6-2 children, 2-in-6 of widow(er)d6-3 previous marriages, +d4-2 children from each5-6 Poly. d3+1 spouses, d3-1 children from each
1 Old Dynasty2 New Dynasty3 Regency4 Hard times5 Sudden wealth6 Internal conflict7 Bad rumours8 Hiring adventurers9 Seeking <thing>10 Ill11 Absent12 Family member missing13 Succession issues14 War/conflict15 Religious crisis/conversion16-20 Roll on What Troubles This Place, Old Man?
Friday, July 3, 2020
Tuesday, June 30, 2020
|1 - Angry|
2 - Loving
3 - Envious
4 - Jealous
5 - Calm
6 - Happy
7 - Determined
8 - Disgusted
9 - Indifferent
10 - Fearful
11 - Curious
12 - Cautious
13 - Possessed
14 - Vengeful
15 - Ambitious
16 - Greedy
17 - Haunted
18 - Heretic
19 - Insurgent
20 - Nihilist
|1 - Farmers|
2 - Artists
3 - Astronomers
4 - Cultists
5 - Warriors
6 - Seafarers
7 - Builders
8 - Storytellers
9 - Healers
10 - Midwives
11 - Philosophers
12 - Mages
13 - Oracles
14 - Bankers
15 - Artisans
16 - Miners
17 - Revolutionaries
18 - Hunters
19 - Tanners
20 - Nobles
1 - Obscure. Few have heard of this group or their goals. This may be because they are little more than a few like-minded people meeting for drinks, or because they make great efforts to keep themselves secret.
2 - Fringe. The common citizen may have heard of this group, but they are regarded by most as little more than an oddity or fringe group with limited goals or distasteful methods.
3 - Minor. This group is known by most, but draws its support from only a limited percentage of the population, possibly concentrated in a specific cultural, class, or professional stratum.
4 - Notable. This faction has significant public support and likely plays a role in realm-wide events. They may draw their support from almost the entirety of a single group, or from a broad but thin base of disparate supporters.
5 - Significant. This faction has supporters across the entire realm in almost all quarters of society, approaching the level of support for the realm’s government.6 - Overwhelming. This group is more popular than the government and enjoys near-universal support.
Okay, I think that's enough for this post. Next one will be some tables 'n stuff for generating faction members and how they interact with each other & (more importantly) the players.
Thursday, June 25, 2020
MAKING A DEAL
Step 1 - The Power and the Ritual
Making a Deal Chart
Step 2 - The Bargain
Step 3 - The Price
PAYMENT COMES DUE
THE WHITE PRINCE
King of Hell and All Demons, Wisest Teacher, the Sixth Pentarch
Mistress of the Wild Hunt, Immortal Hostess, Seneschal of the Green Court
BATHIM, THE OPENER OF WAYS
BELHOR, THE MAKER OF CROWNS
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Shrine of Saint Spurius
Shrine of Saint Killhart
Shrine of Hildegard the Fox
Shrine of Notos
Monday, June 22, 2020
- Go to the entities shrine or temple, offer the sacrifice, undertake the ritual. The entity will tell you whether they approve of what you ask.
- The referee secretly rolls a d100 on the chart below, with the given modifiers.
- Receive the answer: auspicious, ill, or terrible.
The Augury Chart
- Bottle of wine, roast meat, etc, worth at least 1gp - Base 40% chance
- Three chickens, a dog, a lamb, etc - Base 50% chance
- A cow, three goats or sheep, a horse, etc - Base 60% chance
- An exotic or monstrous animal such as an albino bull, live manticore, etc - Base 70% chance
- Human sacrifice - Base 80% chance but it automatically counts as a blasphemy (see below) unless you do it in a place where the gods cannot sea.
- Sacrifice has deep personal meaning to petitioner: +5%
- Favoured sacrifice: +20%
- Rare offering: Automatic success
- Which god they are binding themselves to.
- What they promise to do.
- What is the penalty for breach.
- What they want from the god/saint/spirit
- What they promise to do if they get it.